Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Foggy Day ( in London Town)

Despite the quintessential rainy weather in London, my stay there was actually really enjoyable :) On Sunday my cousin and I visited the Kelvedon Hatch Secret Nuclear Bunker (built in 1952). I'm a bit of a Cold War junkie so it was super exciting to see where the British government would have relocated in the event of a nuclear blast. On Monday I took the ultra-touristy "Big Bus Tour" of central London. We hit all the major sites and even took a small cruise on the River Thames!

While I didn't catch Harry Potter 6 (I'll be sure to find a theater in Belfast!), I did manage to visit Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station. They even had a little trolly cart stuck in the wall for photo-ops :)

Speaking of photos, I realized that despite the tragic loss of the USB stick, I can still upload pictures directly from my camera. Here are some snaps from Sarajevo and London:


A view of old Sarajevo from a hill in Vratnik



Some men playing chess on one of the giant chessboards in the city



The beautiful River Bosna


On my way to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!



Tower Bridge in London



In front of Westminster Abbey



Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the harry potter pic. cannot wait to see you - your blog makes me miss you way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laddu,
    Y look like m---flying is learning how to jump. Ofcourse I love that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hai,

    I hope you remmber to come back to George town for finishing ur degree!!!!!I can not wait to see you . Now counting days. Last comment neads some more words. I am sure u understand!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog