Friday, July 24, 2009

East to West

I can't believe it's my last full day in Sarajevo already! This past week has been crazy busy with meetings at the UN Refugee Agency, Office of the High Representative/EU Special Representative, and a host of other local and international groups here in BiH all working towards reconciliation.

Even though there are so many NGOs/independent groups trying to move this country forward, a lot of people have told me that in order for there to be ˝real reconciliation˝ the government needs to get involved. That's been a bit tough considering the country has 3 presidents and 13 different constitutions...

Tomorrow I fly to London to hang out with my cousin Sunny for a few days. As most of you know I'm a huge Harry Potter nut so I'm really looking forward to seeing the 6th film while in town :) From London I'll head to Northern Ireland for the final leg of my research. This trip is going so fast I might need to invest in a time-turner so I can slow things down :-P

Ciao Sarajevo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog