Thursday, August 13, 2009

There's no place like home

Hello from Ellicott City, MD! While this summer has been an absolutely amazing experience, there is just nothing like driving down Old Annapolis Rd. when the sun is shining, with the windows down listening to Dave Matthews on the radio :-D

I've been home for about a week now and am really enjoying catching up with my family and friends here. We had some relatives in from out of town this weekend and on Saturday I got to show them around DC. After being away so long it was really great getting to see so much of the city in one day. I made sure to include a stop at Georgetown on the tour :)

There are about a million people I want to thank for making my trip this summer possible...I'll be sending out emails later this month but I just wanted you to know that I couldn't have done any of it (the research or all the logistical stuff) without your love and support, so THANK YOU!

And finally, as always, pictures!!


Queen's University


City Hall in Belfast


Stormont (the seat of the Northern Ireland Assembly)


One of several political murals in West Belfast


Dunluce Castle

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you arrived safely after such a great journey! I really enjoyed following your adventures this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog